Saturday, January 1, 2011

Project Bike Donkey -or- base mileage can be fun

So i went out and did my climbing intervals on thursday for Project Bike Donkey. I'm either doing it really right, or really wrong. I started by doing all the way up sunnyside from cypress, then i did arroyo (that hill is a real rabbi slapper if you've never tried it), then i did serpentine, then a little interval after you get in the clear after alessandro, then the latter half of the walled section on sunset. I finished up, the whole endeavor took a shade over an hour on account of my easy spin in non-interval sections. This all took place shortly after Jason "wildbeard" Reynolds bought ordered pizza for the shop. So when i got back, there was free pizza waiting for me. Now, i realize that pizza ia not the keystone to a healthy diet, but i didn't know it would put it's thumb 4 inches in my ear like this. For the rest of the day i felt like my sould weighed an extra 8 pounds and was trying to work its way out of my skin like this:



Everybody told me what warmed over whipped crap i looked like for the rest of the day. I felt it.

Next day i just did a little easy spinning.

Today, i went to AJ's house, by bike. Prolly just a smidge over 70 miles as i left the computer off accidentally for some of it, but i did it in a little under 4 hours. Not bad. i did it on halloween and it took me 5 but i had a backpack, and there was a lot of lag waiting for flats. It's a good little ride! If Aj were friends with any of my bike friends, i would invite some of them because the whole thing is pretty fun. Its like a 4 hour ride with a single climbing interval that is pretty strenuous going over anaheim hills on this deaconpuncher of a street called serrano. This time serrano really didn't seem so bad, so i guess the intervals are working. I'm also in a little better shape than i was at halloween and i didn't have a backpack. here's a the ride info in case you give a rats ass.

No comments: