Wednesday, December 29, 2010

FU monday group ride

so, i get a text from from the arch enemy of good times on monday, should have known something was up. I meet up at the coffee shop at the time provided, thinking me and captain miserable, maybe one more would show there mugs on a traditionally celebrated day-off for cyclists. Nay nay. The pope of bad-times village was accompanied by Foist, The Pettis', Eric Mac, and Gary Shuey. Gary has 2 speed, sleep and awesome, so if he's having a good time on a group ride, chances are, you're not. We decided to do the mostly rideable Jack Rabbit Trail, which i had never done before, so that was pretty fun. Except for the climbing.

Let me say this about climbing: I hate it. It's a neccessary skill to have for any cyclist, but every time i have to do it, i do my best impersonation of a donkey trying to ride a bike. I've been that the only way to get better at something is to do it over and over. Makes sense. So, once a week until i can stay with a group up a climb, I'm going to do 5 sets of climbing intervals. Im gonna call it Project Bike Donkey. Since i know all 4 of my blog followers are probably reeling from the shock and awe of this new project, i'll keep you posted with my next blog post, sometime this week, weather permitting tomorrow or friday. Tune in.

Oh yeah, here's a link to the group ride foist and i dubbed "FU monday"

Jackrabbit group ride by x_steve_x at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

Back In 1980 said...

For the record one last time I now know what it like to see a Monkey fucking a coconut! I never need to see that again.