Tuesday, February 23, 2010

police, everybody out.

Went for 2 rides today. One was a "mountain" bike ride. It was off-road alright, but, i wouldn't say it was very mountainous as i was almost shived by a local drinking in a gutter, and among the sites was a best buy. That's right, the first of 2 rides was the never un-famous, always infamous, fullerton loop. My heavens. I think it will be more fun if i:

  1. Have some body to show me where in the hell im going
  2. Ever do it again
It was an hour i will be kind and chalk up to recovery milage. It was more like harsh wake-up mileage after my red-mud encrusted trip to st. george, utah (pictures to come). Many fine things happened on said trip, including tibetan throat singing as well as selling my friend and all-around solid dude Pat a 29er hardtail. Being as he is from oc im sure there will be more prolific OC rides to come, as im not the type of dude to sell a sweet guy like Pat a bike, and not take him riding whenever i get a chance.

The second of the 2 rides was with some dude whos name i cant recall, and woody, who i have only ridden with casually on the death rattling Red Asphalt Ride. Woody is a sweet dude for sure, and he will be installing some s&s couplers on my lemond to turn 'er into a travel bike. SWEET! We went over to the airport and up around sunset. Like a dummy, i forgot my road shoes at work, so i rode that mother on my cross bike which was outfitted with platforms for cross-town trekking. You never really get how hard it is to pedal, especially out of the saddle without being fully attatched to said pedal. Made for a pretty good workout if you don't count the counter productivity to my pedal stroke.

Hair is getting long. Beard is getting strong. Clint Eastwood westerns are king.

No comments: