Friday, February 5, 2010

picture yourself running out of gas...

on a flat section of highway. Momentum's on your side, but it is petering out little by little. You've got a quarter mile 'til the next exit where there is a gas station. You go from 40mph to 30. 30 to 20. 20 to 15. It's at this point you start to make that little scooting motion to nudge the car forward in an attempt to close the last couple of feet.

I've found myself making this ridiculous motion several times on the bicycle. In my humble opinion, this is probably indicative of a piss-poor pedal stroke, and one would be far better off just standing.

Having said that, i shaved a full 7.5 minutes off my best time to the top of Zanja, which i will still not notate on here, because if i make my guess, i have to shave another 7 to start kicking ass and taking names this year.

...but 7.5 is a start.

No comments: