Sunday, February 14, 2010

Eff the man!

Not too long ago, we were promised change, by this guy...




Now, i don't fault the guy for running under that campaign moniker. Hell, i would say it won him the election. However, i think if we are honest with ourselves, nothing has really changed. Really.

I bitch and moan with the best of them. I have this little pissant blog to show for it. Big freaking deal. However, i'm not really in the hot-seat to be pushing buttons and pulling levers that are going to actuate any real global or societal change. Now, this might seem like a copout to some, and i would agree. Guilty. Keep reading though, stay with me.

"I hear a lot of talk by a lot of honkeys, sittin' on a lot of money sayin' they are the high society, I say THIS IS the High Society!!"

pretty tough to beat the MC5 as far as live music. Elvis admittedly got the ball rolling, but i would say that the MC5 was arena rock, before there was arena rock; MC5 was Punk, before punk was punk; MC5 was revolution before there was music was revolutionary. People did stuff and said stuff and changed stuff. okay okay, the beatles changed stuff, but mostly i would say within the musician's social circle. When the MC5 played at the 1968 DNC, there was a freaking RIOT. In 68. Shit got real.

I really think all those dudes were doing was rocking out though. I don't think they set out to make stuff happen, until stuff started happening, because of what they were already doing, which is the aforementioned rocking out.

I would like to change personally instead of pissing and moaning. If it changes stuff around me for the better, i think that is totally rad. I think i should start with me though.

More than anything this blog post serves as notice that i'm going to be turning down the complaining and turning up the doing. "Don't talk about it, be about it.", is an awesome phrase that if i was honest with myself, i don't think gets acted out on my behalf enough. So, there is going to be less opinionated bitching, and more reporting on when shit got real.

'cause its one thing to shout "fuck the man!" at the top of your lungs, and its another thing to punch the man in the stomach so hard he pukes all over his Bruno Magli's. You'll be seeing more of the latter on here from now on.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Matt's forcing me to reply. This is all about him, just so you know... "Kick out the jams, mother fucker."

Roosterweight Cimmarien said...

sure sure