Friday, January 1, 2010

one of these things just doesn't belong here

Here's a pic of me from our epic mtb trip today, the first day of the new decade. I think i was trying to make my best "oh shit" face while skidding my rear tire and white knuckling the breaks. That was before i actually HAD to do some of that, no acting required



totally sweet trip. There were 2 highschool kids, who apparently have no respect for fixed gear riding. I derive this mostly from the fact that one of them said, "i actually had respect for you before you told me you ride a fixed gear..." (edit: i dunno if the ellipses is correct, but it's too late to call freeman, the grammar nazi to get confirmation. Maybe i could trade some of my skills as a butler to him and he could just type it for me as i fan him with a palm frawn and feed him grapes one-at-a-time) Also making the list of invitees was Shannon, Jon, Dusty (a.k.a. Dirt McGirt), Dusty's friend Jon, and Dusty's other friend, who's name is not important enough to remember. 8 Total.

Here's a list of the bikes on the trip:
  • 8 inch travel full suspension DH bike
  • See above
  • See above
  • See above
  • See above
  • 5 inch travel full suspension XC/Trail bike
  • See above
  • Hardtail 29" singlespeed
Awesome, as per the reference in the title. Got semi-lost and i lost my cool a bit at the possibility of not making a 2:30 hair appointment and having belated Xmas celebration with mom. All worked out. Got to where i needed to be no sweat and right on schedule. Except for the sweat part. I was sweating like a fat white man at an office party dance-off.

Also some people got ticks. I didn't. Pretty sure if i got one that would be the end of mountain biking as we know it for yours truly. It also might be the end of life as we know it for yours truly. I think my freshly shorn gams might have been the difference, as i was the only part-homosexual on the ride.

No comments: