Friday, January 22, 2010

here's another tirade

So, i went to go see the hope conspiracy last night. They played with, i dunno, other bands. Everyone beamed about how awesome it was to see this old band and see actual old people at a show. All of this was true.

However. Im not gonna be silent any more. I try not to be a bible beater, and ram my beliefs down people's throats. I think it would be fair to say that anybody who knows me has never felt proselytized or imposed upon as far as what i believe, and i dont come down on people for what they believe. I might tell them why i am unwilling to participate, but i'm pretty sure that's different, and if you cant tell the difference, well, go fly a kite. Off a cliff. Make sure you're holding the string really tight on your way down.

Last night at hopecon, the singer went on a tear about how (i'm paraphrasing), there is no man in the sky to pray to, and time is your only god, you grow old and die. No problems there, EXCEPT he literally said it 5 seconds after saying that he was so sick and tired of peoples beliefs being shoved down the throats of millions and that being a major problem. Way to shit all over the stained glass dude. Completely ruined the show for me. He did more throat shoving in that 5 minutes than i have done post year 25. That's so lame and the days of me letting that go by without calling people out are now done.

This is the kind of post you get when the only riding i get is on my trainer.

No comments: