Wednesday, April 7, 2010

off road triathlon

I've never entered into a tri i didn't like. I even thought about doing a lot more of them, but i found myself never training for the swim (my worst discipline) and always training on the bike (my best discipline), and i'm pretty sure that's not how it should go.

Anyhoo, i fixed a dude's bike today who mentioned he was glad to have it back for an off road triathlon he would be doing this weekend in san dimas' bonelli park (or as i like to refer to it, theivesville). This piqued my interest, so i decided i would check it out online. Thus beginning the connundrum.

Let me also mention that while i have not entered a tri i didn't like, i have also never entered a triathlon that i have paid for. PossAbilities has always hooked me up. This tri would end up setting me back 95 bones. Seems like a lot, but hey, i get a swim cap and a t-shirt. Plus i like supporting these type events in a general sort of way, so i guess i dont mind paying, but 95 does seem a bit like prison rape to me.

Also, it could cost me to gain a wealth of knowledge about said events, which i may or may not even like. If i end up liking it, that'd be worth it, if i don't....yeah. Maybe local stud/sweet dude brian hickock can help me with my dilemma, by providing insight on how much fun to dollar value correlation there is/ a loophole into not getting prison raped over the entry fee. We shall see.

No comments: