Tuesday, March 23, 2010

yardin it.

so, here's a pic of my crank bros. eggbeater SL after i did some face time with the trail on saturday.



damn, what a bummer. I'm sending it back to crankbrothers along with some beer to the dude building my bike. i hate the post office. What a pisser.

everybody was like, "Dude, ditch those pedals, shimano's are way better..." that's cool and i appreciate that, but replacing these is free for now, so we're going with that.

the failure came at a pretty bad point on a rutted decent. Ass over the back wheel, white knuckling the bars, pop! it came out and i ate it. I dunno what im gonna use if i decide to ditch these, they've been sweet 'til this point, but now all these people are coming out of the woodwork saying they suck. Wait and see says i.

to tap power or not tap power, that is the question. i would prefer to get one i can use with my mountain rig if i get one at all, but i will have to wait and see. just the hub is a bit more than i can muster right now. maybe that one that works with speedplays... maybe a quarq. we'll see.

3 comments:

Trevor Walton said...

Given my absymal warranty experience I'd stay the hell away from powertap if you ever want to see the thing again if anything goes wrong with it...

Roosterweight Cimmarien said...

o believe me, dealing with their customer service is a total beast on our end too. The last one i ordered for me, finally got shipped to johnny bairos (wtf?) 10 weeks after i began calling every day to figure out where it was.

Il Bruce said...

I broke a Candy a few weeks ago

http://ilbruce.blogspot.com/2010/03/cranky-bros.html