Monday, December 8, 2008

new lease on 'cross

Yesterday i went to the cross race in palmdale. I though nobody would be there, and the field was smaller, but it was not the smallest. I decided i was going to stay with the front group, come hell or high water. I did.

most of the races i have been doing, i sort of take a ticket and stand in line, and end up where i end up.

not this one. I raced my ass off. I picked off 2 riders, and i was literally 2 seconds behind 4th at the finish.

For the first time this season, i didnt settle in, and i raced. For the first time this season, i was really happy with my results. Plus i beat that dude that barely beat me at both the muckenthaller and oceanside. Like, i beat him like he owed me money. I wasn't gonna wait for the end for him to out run me this time.

what can i say? It felt good.

now i wanna race more.