Saturday, February 12, 2011

Palm Springs touring

I just sort of thought that tour of ps would be lames ville, but I hadn't even analyzed WHY. Turns out all the reasonsi thought itd be dumb were all the reasons it'd be cool.

I was talked into going by about 9 different people who just assumed I was going, asking if I was going. The final conjecture came from new friend but familiar face John. He made it sound the runners off all those that asked, so I said sure, I'd go with him. We didn't even get down there til like 9 and we only did about 60 miles of it which I assume was the metric loop. What a great ride. It was cool to see all the people out on differing rigs of all shapes and sizes just enjoying the pristine weather and far better than average view. We had a blast. The highlights include me passing a dude who was wearing a Belgian nationals champion jersey and I huffed "hup, hup!" at him to which he replied "Hup! Hup!", also we saw dudes on razor scooters with a 700c wheel on the front (perhaps it was 650c), and we got called motherfuckers in spanish by dudes who we pulled along like a freight train engine and never once put their face into the wind. Good times. It was super encouraging and made us feel super fast to be passing so many folks. In the end that was our downfall as we were both digging our tongues out of our spokes. I actually ended up with a little bit of a suntan! Good times for sure. Already planning on doing some more rides like that, cuz it was a blast.

No comments: