Wednesday, July 2, 2008

cyclocross....ever heard of it?


Let me just say, those who showed up to cross practice this week know it was intense...

nobody showed up to cross practice this week. Its cool, the word hasn't really gotten out yet. Also, i flatted in about 10 minutes. 10 minutes of dusty, mouth-breathing, agonizing hell. i decimated the field of frisbee-golf frat dudes and estranged, scared children by a full 10 minutes.

I had flatted earlier this week, so i was fresh out of tubes, and i have yet to outfit my rig with a seat bag. All of these problems will NOT be a part of next weeks practice, so be there, cuz after deliberation with short-haired christy and trevor, the course is every bit as sweet as i conjectured. Also, things to look forward to next week are as follows:
  • little orange flags that im gonna set up the course with.
  • more cheaply made barriers.
  • more people...?
  • Watching yours truly eat complete and total crap trying to execute a flying re-mount.

Walking home from ford park was a little embarrassing, so when i hit cajon i coasted down on the grass. I figured that would be pretty trauma free on both me and the rim of my wheel. My ego was not as easily spared.

Whats funnier than a dude in full lycra walking his bike down a sidewalk? A fully tattooed guy in full lycra walking his bike down a sidewalk.

Whats funnier than a fully tattooed guy in full lycra walking his bike down a sidewalk? Nothing.

2 comments:

Trevor Walton said...

Probably a bit early in the season for cross. Heck, it's not even August yet. Come late August/September, I imagine there will be more people out there.

That'd be way fun, with lights, in winter...

mattfreemanrace@yahoo.com said...

I'll be there in September. By then I'll be done racing my mountain bike and the lines should be nice and burned in. Don't count on Trevor showing up though. He has Search and Rescue training 7 days a week/365 days a year.