Sunday, September 21, 2008

pain


well, i did my first cross race of the season. funfunfun. I rolled with lisa crow who, is a filty filthy canadian, much like my wife. At least lisa doesn't speak french. Points for that (in related news: lisa rules and we had a good time going down there.)

Saw the shop's vitoria rep down there. That dude seems sweet. I think he reps AC and and twin 6 as well. Saw a few people from the clinic i went to. None of them seemed to remember me. I guess i sorta blend in with the whole beard and huge amount of tattoos.

when we toed the line, it became apparent i was going to get buried. I planned for that, so i quickly picked out people who i would shoot myself if i finished behind. Here's the list.
  • Anybody who would qualify for clydesdale division were this a mtb race.
  • Anybody with a beer jersey
  • The dude with the black sabbath jersey ( although a good indication that he is probably the most solid dude in the group)
im happy to announce that not only did i finish in front of them, i finished in front of a national champion. Yes its true that he is the +65 national champion, but its also true that i made him my 65 year old bitch. (....winner ....winner ....winner.)

not to bad, did the amount of work i expected. now we go into phase II of my evil plan: Operation S.T.A.R.V. (starvation to achieve race vitories). There will be cause for concern when im done. If everything goes to plan i will have people approaching me to do an after-school special.

No comments: